How to Clean Your Ionic Pro Air Purifier
It's important to clean the Ionic Pro air purifier on a regular basis to remove dust, grime, dirt, and other debris that has built up on the collection blades inside. If you don't remove buildup from the collection blades, the air pulled through the air purifier won't be cleaned, causing the same dirty air to be spit out the other end. The air purifier should be given a deep cleaning at least once per month to ensure a high level of effectiveness.
- Unplug the power cable extending from the Ionic Pro from the AC outlet it's connected to.
- Lift and remove the cover on top. The cover should be fit snugly into place, which may make it difficult to remove. As a result, you need to get a good grip on it and wiggle it around to loosen it up. The cover is attached via a ribbon, so after removing the cover, let it hang behind the back side of the device.
- Grab the black handle for the piece holding the collection blades. Carefully lift the piece holding the blades straight out until you pull the bottom of the piece holding the blades out of the Ionic Pro.
- Touch the base of the piece holding the collection blades to a large metal object to discharge any electricity from the blades to prevent electrocuting yourself or anyone else, or damage any electronic devices the blades would come into contact with while carrying an electrical charge.
- Clean the blades off using either a dry or slightly damp cloth or towel. Using a lightly damp towel gives you a deeper clean but you'll need to wait 24 hours for it to dry before you can place the collection blades back in the air purifier and turn it back on so the device isn't damaged as a result of an electrical damage as a result of moisture being on the blades. If you use a dry towel or cloth to clean the blades you can put them back in the device immediately after cleaning. Take care to clean both sides of each blade.
- Grab the lip of the wire cleaning mechanism cover located just outside of the back right corner of the cover for the collection blades.
- Pull the wire cleaning mechanism cover up until you feel some resistance, which should be at about 1 ft., and then push it back down into its original position. Repeat this step three more times.
- Re-insert the collection blades after the required drying time has passed, if there was any required drying time at all, and ensure the arrow at the top of the piece holding the blades is pointing toward the front of the Ionic Pro air purifier. Push the piece holding the blades down to ensure it's firmly in position.
- Replace the cover that goes on top of the area where the collection blades are located and push it firmly into place.
- Plug the Ionic Pro's power cable back in to an available AC outlet.
- Press the "Power" button to turn the device back on.
How often do you clean your Ionic Air Pro Purifier?
How to Clean Ionic Air Pro
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2012 Max Dalton