Paul has been passionate about technology, DIY, and home maintenance for many years. Born and raised in England, he now resides in Florida.
Vacuum cleaner technology has advanced in leaps and bounds in recent years. It was a real eye-opener for my wife and I when we decided to ditch our heavy, traditional vacuum and check out some of the newer lightweight models. It now seems difficult to imagine how we got along with some of the contraptions we've owned previously.
The great thing about cordless stick vacuums is their versatility and maneuverability. There's no cord to limit your movements and the weight of the machine is much more manageable.
They are especially great for older people, and people with disabilities, but younger and able-bodied users, like my wife and I can benefit just as much from them.
When buying a vacuum cleaner, experience tells me that you will want to consider your specific needs. These can vary considerably, according to the size and layout of your home, the types of floor surfaces, and the types of dirt and debris that you regularly need to clean up.
The quality of the machine generally depends on the amount that you are prepared to pay, but it is still possible to pick up some bargains, particularly if you look online.
3 Best Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaners
Here are my 3 selections for the top 3 cordless stick vacuum cleaners.
- Tineco A11 Hero: LED Headlights and Long Run Time
- Eureka RapidClean Pro: Affordable and Efficient
- Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute: Money Well Spent
I explain my thinking and experiences with these three models below.
1. Tineco A11 Hero: LED Headlights and Long Run Time
The Tineco A11 Hero was the first cordless model to turn us on to the great benefits of lightweight stick vacuum cleaners. We bought one for my mother-in-law who has some mobility issues and needed something versatile and easy to use.
After trying out a number of models we decided that the Tineco was the right one for her. She loves it. And we've loved it too, when we've used it.
Read More From Dengarden
My Tineco A11 Pros:
- This vacuum is super portable, which was vital, given that we bought it for my mother-in-law, who has mobility issues.
- It works well on both the carpet and hard floor areas. The power carpet attachment is especially great and cleans deep, especially in max mode.
- The batteries have a long run time, my experience is that you can comfortably vacuum an entire house with the two batteries provided.
- The LED headlights are great for vacuuming dark corners and underneath and behind furniture.
- It's very reasonably priced and offers great value for money.
My Tineco A11 Cons:
- There are better constructed and designed vacuums out there, though not for this price.
2. Eureka RapidClean Pro: Affordable and Efficient
We bought our daughter a Eureka RapidClean Pro when she moved into her new apartment after graduating college. We were looking for a vacuum with a relatively low price tag, but well-built and efficient, and this product fitted the bill.
The Eureka actually exceeded our expectations, and perhaps more importantly, our daughter quickly became a big fan of it.
My Eureka RapidClean Pros:
- Despite being inexpensive, it still has all the mod cons and features you would expect from a cordless stick vacuum.
- It's great for picking up hair, necessary in my daughter's abode.
- It's lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- Impressive suction power for a vacuum in this price bracket.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- It can lay down flat, so you can easily get underneath furniture.
My Eureka RapidClean Cons:
- The battery generally lasts just over half an hour, according to my daughter. That's enough for cleaning her small apartment, but someone with a big house would likely want longer.
3. Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute: Money Well Spent
After deciding that we needed an upgrade, my wife and I spent quite some time checking out vacuums, as we wanted to make sure that we got the absolute best one for our needs.
In the end, we chose a Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute. I'll admit that I initially balked at the relatively high price tag, but it turned out to be an excellent buy and has proved itself to be an exceptional cleaner.
My Dyson Cyclone V10 Pros:
- Dyson have a reputation for build and design and it's well deserved in my opinion. If you want a top end product, they don't disappoint.
- The combination of power and maneuverability has transformed vacuuming in our household. This lightweight machine makes the process much quicker and more efficient, it doesn't feel like so much of a chore.
- It's versatile and cleans deeper than any other vacuum I've tried. It picks up the ground-in dirt and fine dust that the cheaper models miss, and it's just as effective on hard floors as it is with carpets.
- There's a wall mount for easy storage.
- It can be transformed into a handheld device for use in the home, or vacuuming the car.
- If you have the money, buy this vacuum. I'm not kidding, it will improve your quality of life.
My Dyson Cyclone V10 Cons:
- The battery isn't removable. That's not an issue for my wife and I, but I know that some people don't like that.
- It's certainly not the cheapest vacuum cleaner out there, but for me it turned out to be money well spent.
© 2021 Paul Goodman