How to Make Your Own Disinfectant Wipes
I love how handy disinfectant wipes are, but I really dislike anything disposable. Every time I threw one away, I swear I heard a tiny green fairy wailing in agony. Well, now she can dry her tears. Because I found a way to keep my handy disinfectant wipes, help the environment, and save money. Win-win...oh, and win!
Materials You'll Need
- 1 used disinfectant wipe container
- 1 package microfiber cloths or all-purpose cloths, (automotive section of Wal-Mart)
- 40 drops essential oil, tea tree
- 1/2 cup white or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- First, take five cloths, lay them on top of each other, then tightly roll up the cloths.
- Stuff the them into your container the best you can.
- Add 1/2 cup of vinegar, and push the rags down to soak up the liquid.
- Put your 40 drops of tea tree oil into your 1/2 cup of water and pour into the container.
- Push the rags down again to soak up. Put the lid back on, and pull your cloths from the middle. Voila! You have your homemade, reusable disinfectant cloths!
Note: If you need to clean them, just wash the cloths in warm or hot cycle and tumble dry on high.
Why Tea Tree and Vinegar?
Tea tree and vinegar are all-natural and very effective disinfectants, especially tea tree, which has strong anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties.
Where Can You Use These Wipes?
You can use these wipes for:
- Cleaning up spills.
- Wiping down kitchen counters.
- Cleaning bathrooms and showers.
- Mopping floors. (Just attach them onto your Swiffer as you would the dispose ones!)