How to Make DIY Pergo Laminate Floor Cleaner
Have Laminate Flooring?
I've never been a fan of the mop and bucket affair, and when we decided to put Pergo-laminated flooring in our home, I was worried about the prospect of wringing that mop and having to buy some special proprietary blend of cleaning product for such. I hate feeling like I have been roped in for life.
Never fear, frugal ones, for here is something you can make from items you most likely already have in your household, and for only pennies per bottle. Not only is it a price performer, this homemade laminate floor cleaner works wonderfully, even on the stickiest floors. I should know: I have a 4-year old, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and a clumsy 47-year old at home!
How to Make Your Own ‘Pergo' Laminate Flooring Cleaner
In a measuring cup or jar, add the following:
- 1 part water
- 1 part white vinegar
- 1 part 70% Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol
- A few drops of liquid dish detergent
- Mix all ingredients together and pour it into a fine mist spray bottle.
- Sweep or vacuum your floors first.
- Spray the cleaner in a fine mist, low over the surface area to be cleaned
- Allow it to set for a few minutes, then use a microfiber mop or towel to wipe it up.
Notes and Tips
- You'll notice right away that this mixture cleans effectively and with ease, dries quickly, and it is so simple to use. No bucket required!
- When you have finished mopping, just toss the microfiber mop head or towel into the laundry until next time.
- Be sure not to use fabric softener or dryer sheets when laundering your cleaning towels, or else they will lose their ability to absorb liquids effectively.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.