How to Safely Dispose of Glass Garbage
Do you need to get rid of unwanted bits of glass? Understanding how to dispose of dangerous garbage, like broken glass, is important for everyone's safety.
If you do not have access to a glass recycling bin or a depot, there is another solution.
Items you will Need
- A piece of cloth, the thicker the better. The size will depend upon the amount of glass.
- A hammer.
- A box with a lid.
- Strong adhesive tape.
- Paper and a red marker.
Tips to Safely Remove Broken Glass from Your Home
- Place the glass onto the cloth and wrap to cover the glass.
- Gently break into smaller pieces.
- Lift and put it into your box.
- If the box is big and there is a large gap, then put another piece of cloth on top of the wrapped glass to keep it secure.
- Close the box and seal with strong tape.
- On the large white piece of paper, write the words "Danger. Broken glass in box" in red.
- Attach danger sign to the box with tape.
- Place on a high shelf until garbage collection day.
- Make a reminder for yourself beside your garbage bin so you don’t forget to place the box of glass inside the bin for collection.
How Not to Dispose of Broken Glass
Ok, let's go back to the beginning where you have just broken some glass.
Here is the wrong way to dispose of it:
- Don't wrap the glass in newspaper and then throw it into your bin bag or trash can. The glass will cut through the paper. The only thing you've done is camouflage a very dangerous weapon and created an accident waiting to happen.
How Do You Get Rid of your Broken GlassSee results without voting
More by this Author
How to Grow Onions in a Small Garden. Planting and harvesting onions. Best Onion Recipes
Growing Carrots in containers. How to Grow Carrots in your garden. Carrot Juice Recipes
How to Grow Bell Peppers. Vegetable Garden Tips for growing Green Bell Peppers.