I like everything connected to home improvement. I like giving advice on interior and exterior design.
Metal roofs have many advantages.
- They are extremely durable and have a very long life. They are easy to install, repair, and maintain.
- They don’t rot or leak. They are fire and water resistant and protect your home from bad weather.
- They provide unlimited design options—you can paint the roof however you like, as often as you consider necessary. Even if good quality paints can last for many years, you can still change the image of your house if you want a new outdoor design.
There is a wide assortment of metal roofing colors present on the market. You can consult with a specialist or choose the color by yourself, according to other elements of your exterior design (like the color of your house, the style of the doors and windows, the particularities of the landscape, and so on). If you’re not satisfied with the available colors, you can always mix two or three paints to create the perfect shade.
When you select the paint, make sure it’s been treated with a special acrylic resin that will block the ultraviolet light, preventing premature fading, corrosion, peeling, water infiltration and rust. You can also find many types of top coatings and sealants that you can apply as a protective layer after painting the roof. If you want your roofing to have an extra shine, you can buy a shining top coating that will also protect the metal from sun rays, moisture, and mildew, making the paint last longer and saving your energy expenses.
After choosing a quality type of paint, you can select the most suitable color for your metal roof. There are a few things you should keep in mind for ensuring that you make the best choice.
- The decorative aspect. The color of your roof has to match with your outdoor design. You will not paint your metal roofing in electric pink if your house has a classical style in light neutral shades.
- The practical aspect. Different colors have the ability of reflecting or absorbing the heat coming from the sunrays. If you live in a warm environment, choose a light color (white, light bronze, beige, peach, light green or blue) - it will protect your house from extreme heat during summer, this way lowering your energy expenses. If your house is rather cold, even in summer, choose a darker color which will absorb the heat, helping you to keep your home warm.
- The purpose of the building. If you choose a metal roofing color for your home, the color should be more neutral. Remember that quality paints can keep their original shine for many years, so choose such a color that will seem agreeable to you even after a long time. If you need to paint a commercial building, don’t be afraid to choose a more daring color. After all, your purpose is to catch the attention of your potential customers. If you have a brand color, you could paint your roof accordingly. But don’t exaggerate - a ‘yelling’ color will not always look harmonious, so try not to cross the boundaries of common sense.
- The general aspect of your neighborhood. When you select the color for your house’s roof, pay attention to the ‘unwritten aesthetic rules’ of your neighborhood. Of course, you have the right to be original and express your personality by choosing the color that you like the most. However, don’t insult the classical taste of your neighbors - if they enjoy stylish, light ‘aristocratic’ colors, don’t paint your roof magenta, bright orange or dazzling yellow.
After painting your roof, don’t forget that it’s easier to maintain that to replace. Repaint your roof when you notice the first signs of corrosion and fading - don’t wait until rust will destroy the metal and you’ll have to deal with water infiltrations. This is also a good way of freshening your outdoor design - you can always choose another shade for your metal roof, as long as it look balanced and has style.
The best metal roofing colors are not only aesthetic - they also help you lower your energy expenses and protect your roof from rust, decay and bad weather.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
Straight Vane Ventilators on April 21, 2020:
People who choose to have metal roofing installed on their residential or commercial buildings will enjoy the numerous benefits of doing so. Metal roofs are a step in the right direction when it comes to sustainable construction; they are very durable and resilient to harsh weather, they are easy to maintain, and generally they don't require costly repairs that other roofing materials are likely to need at some point. Thanks a lot for this information through your article. Here's the see: https://roofquip.co.nz/
roof cleaning Homestead on April 21, 2020:
I love Dark Bronze, Galvalume Plus, Matte Black, Charcoal Gray, and Medium Bronze. However, you have done a great work here. I appreciate your effort and the article is superb, thanks for sharing this. Please visit the link below: https://www.roofcleaningmiami.net
Louise89 on October 01, 2019:
Metal roofing seems like such a great option, I wish I could afford it lol.
martinabinaford on August 02, 2012:
hello again nev if your still knoking around here is the link
and details,check out there great prices ,just say mrs m binaford recommened you
martinnitsim on July 24, 2012:
hello there nev i got it from a mate so this is there link
and some info ,give them a call ,tell them martin n give you there number
Max Boughner on April 27, 2011:
I laughed a lot at tip #4 - that would be super awkward if someone tries to have a bright yellow roof in a neighborhood filled with old villa-style houses. What I like about metal roofing is that, it's easier to clean out snow since it'll simply just slide-off, whenever you try to shake them. I also read that there's this metal roofing paint that prevents rusting, heating, and many more punishments from happening to your roof; getting that clean, bright shine all year long.
Adam Waterford on April 26, 2011:
Choosing color paint for your roofing is one of the challenging tasks on renovating a home. That's why searching for the best color for your roof is important. Aside from that, better inspect your roof so you'll able to fix some damages right away. =)