How to Install a Wall-Mounted Toilet: A Step-by-Step Tutorial
• Before removing the old unit, turn the water supply off.
• Prepare tools and parts with close access to the connections.
Frame Set Up
- Assemble vertical upright bars—as well as horizontal support bars—on to the frame. Now tighten them together.
- Slide both of the fixing mounts towards the sides of the cistern. Make sure they are properly fitted.
- Now you need to place the vertical flush pipe on to the cistern’s underside.
- Secure the cistern with the frame. Place the flush pipe elbow on the frame first. Then clip it into the place by pressing down on the cistern.
- Attach the fixing mounts on a frame by using a ratchet wrench (10 mm).
- Insert and clip your feet onto the frame’s lower part.
- Install the clamp for the waste pipe elbow onto the frame.
Unit Positioning and Marking
- Draw a vertical line with the help of the spirit level, crossing the waste pipe center. Draw mark A at 1 m and B at 1.08 m for a standard bowl. Take these measurements from the floor. Now, you can adjust your measurements according to your desired bowl placement position.
- Draw holes on mark B for the wall brackets 235 mm to the right and left of the center of your evacuation.
- Fit the 90° waste pipe elbow and complete the assembly.
- Check the position of the unit with respect to waste pipe and water supply while putting the unit into place. Move the waste pipe elbow horizontally or vertically, according to your installation. Adopt the PVC piping connection, if necessary.
- Mark hole locations for the foot brackets of the unit after making sure that the unit is at least 230 mm from the wall.
Adjust and Attach the Unit
- Grease the seal so that the elbow of 90° waste pipe fits easily. Use straight glue, if glueing the PVC connection. Make sure that the height is 230 mm, for standard bowl placement. Also, check that the unit is in line with your marks. You can adjust the measurements for the desired bowl height if needed.
- Use a 10 mm drill bit to drill holes into the wall and a 12 mm drill bit to drill holes into the floor.
- Adjust and line up your frame height with the mark A.
- Use a 13 mm wrench to secure the feet. Make sure that the frame is level horizontally.
- Loosen the adjustment bolts to adjust the level by using a 13 mm wrench. Then tighten the screw, making sure that the screw is firmly tightened on the other foot.
- At the top of the frame, place the fixing brackets.
- Use spirit level and screws to adjust vertical alignment. Tighten the screws and lock them to close the metal. Place the plastic clips on rod and a waste pipe clamp.
Flush Mechanism Installation
- Remove the transport bracket by pulling the red handle and discard.
- Access the cold water connection by removing the cover.
- Use a 22 mm open end wrench to attach the external part of the stop valve to your cold water connection. Don’t use seal while making this assembly.
- Point the outflow of the stop valve to the right.
- Connect the flexible internal water inlet hose and the stop valve.
- Open the water supply after making sure that the isolation valve is closed. Isolation valve connection should be watertight.
- Catch the water by placing the other end of the hose in a bucket.
- Connect the flexible water inlet hose end to the flush system.
- According to the position of the flush plate, place the inspection shaft.
Cover the Unit
- Match the unit's openings and sides by cutting the covering panels.
- Don’t forget to place the cut-out templates for the waste and flush pipe.
- Now, attach all the panels.
- Push the flush pipe along with its seal together till the time they stop.
- Place the pipes fully onto the sanitary unit. Also, mark where they emerge from the unit.
- Smooth the pipe ends by using the file.
- Fully insert the pipes into the unit.
- Take soapy water and apply it to the connectors.
- Place the white plastic piece, nut and washer onto the threaded rods.
- At this time, make sure the bowl is level. Rotate the plastic pieces for its adjustments if needed. Install plastic covers.
Actuator Panel Installation
- Cut the external plastic flush part with cover carefully with the help of a cutter.
- Turn the water supply on.
- Install the flush plate mounting bracket. Make sure that the plastic springs are facing downwards. Then tighten two screws.
- Rotate the air button completely on the back of the actuator panel to attach.
- Place the panel bottom first, and then push it upwards while pressing towards the unit.
Fill Water and Finish
- Check the working of the flush button by operating it.
- Take a silicone seal and apply it around the back of the bowl.
- Put in the plastic anchors into the bowl and secure by tightening the screws.
- Position the chrome covers over the plastic pieces.
- In the end, place the toilet seat’s hinge holes onto the rods. Click the seat into its place.
Congratulations, you have just finished installing your new wall mounted toilet. We hope you found this installation procedure useful and helpful.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.