Stephen writes about home decor, gardening, and simple DIY projects around the house.
10 Chic & Creative DIY Home Decor Ideas
- Yarn-wrapped wine bottles
- Wood pallet coffee table
- Boho-style bedroom makeover
- Flower mirror with lights
- Bed canopy with fairy lights
- Farmhouse DIYs
- Bottle terrarium
- Custom shadow boxes
- Light switch cover makeovers
- Mason jar hacks and crafts
1. Yarn-Wrapped Wine Bottles
These yarn-wrapped wine bottles are just so clever and pretty! Use them as vases or centerpieces anywhere in your home that needs a pop of color.
- Empty wine bottles: various shapes and sizes
- Yarn: a few different shades and textures
- Hot glue
- Lay a wine bottle down on its side.
- Slowly apply a thin layer of glue in small increments to the bottom edge of the bottle, pressing the yarn down on the glue. Do this to the entire bottom edge.
- Now roll the bottle, keeping it on its side, allowing the yarn to wrap around.
- About every four or five rows, apply about an inch of a thin layer of glue. Continue up to the top of the bottle.
- Optional: Decorate with buttons, artificial flowers, felt pieces, flowers or swirls made from yarn, beads, or twine.
Read More From Dengarden
2. DIY Wood Pallet Coffee Table
I love pallet crafts! And this one is perfect for creating a really stylish coffee table for your living room—for a fraction of the cost of what you would spend at a retail furniture store.
You have lots of options:
- Finish: stained, painted, unfinished
- Legs: wood, metal, wheels
- Double up the pallets for extra height
3. Boho-Style Bedroom Makeover
The bohemian style usually features a playful mix of colors, patterns, and styles. It's an eclectic approach that has some hippie influences, as well. Check out the photos below for inspiration!
4. DIY Flower Mirror With Lights
You can create one of these gorgeous lighted mirrors with just a few inexpensive items from the dollar store. All you need is a mirror, string lights, artificial flowers, and some hot glue.
5. Bed Canopy With Fairy Lights
Make your bedroom look magical! I used sheer white curtains from Target, removable wall hooks, string lights, and clear tacks to make the curtains billowy. This really opened up the room, and I love relaxing here in the evening.