10 Chic & Creative DIY Home Decor Ideas
- Yarn-wrapped wine bottles
- Wood pallet coffee table
- Boho-style bedroom makeover
- Flower mirror with lights
- Bed canopy with fairy lights
- Farmhouse DIYs
- Bottle terrarium
- Custom shadow boxes
- Light switch cover makeovers
- Mason jar hacks and crafts
1. Yarn-Wrapped Wine Bottles
These yarn-wrapped wine bottles are just so clever and pretty! Use them as vases or centerpieces anywhere in your home that needs a pop of color.
- Empty wine bottles: various shapes and sizes
- Yarn: a few different shades and textures
- Hot glue
- Lay a wine bottle down on its side.
- Slowly apply a thin layer of glue in small increments to the bottom edge of the bottle, pressing the yarn down on the glue. Do this to the entire bottom edge.
- Now roll the bottle, keeping it on its side, allowing the yarn to wrap around.
- About every four or five rows, apply about an inch of a thin layer of glue. Continue up to the top of the bottle.
- Optional: Decorate with buttons, artificial flowers, felt pieces, flowers or swirls made from yarn, beads, or twine.
2. DIY Wood Pallet Coffee Table
I love pallet crafts! And this one is perfect for creating a really stylish coffee table for your living room—for a fraction of the cost of what you would spend at a retail furniture store.
You have lots of options:
- Finish: stained, painted, unfinished
- Legs: wood, metal, wheels
- Double up the pallets for extra height
3. Boho-Style Bedroom Makeover
The bohemian style usually features a playful mix of colors, patterns, and styles. It's an eclectic approach that has some hippie influences, as well. Check out the photos below for inspiration!
4. DIY Flower Mirror With Lights
You can create one of these gorgeous lighted mirrors with just a few inexpensive items from the dollar store. All you need is a mirror, string lights, artificial flowers, and some hot glue.
5. Bed Canopy With Fairy Lights
Make your bedroom look magical! I used sheer white curtains from Target, removable wall hooks, string lights, and clear tacks to make the curtains billowy. This really opened up the room, and I love relaxing here in the evening.
6. Top 10 Farmhouse DIYs
The video below features 10 fantastic farmhouse DIYs. The first project is a cute and inviting home sign—all you need to make this one is four signs, a wreath, some artificial lambs ear, scrapbooking paper, Mod Podge, stencil letters, and white chalk paint. You can pick up all of these items at the dollar store and/or local craft store.
7. Bottle Terrarium
Bring a bit of the outdoors inside with a bottle terrarium. You can get really creative here with stones, twigs, soil, and plants. Create a gorgeous mini landscape for a table, bookshelf, or countertop!
8. DIY Custom Shadow Boxes
These customized shadow boxes are great because you can really personalize them. I've seen them done with themes like flowers or travel, and I've also seen them done for kids' rooms with photos and mementos.