Why I Chose the Zinus SmartBase Mattress Frame on Amazon
I just moved into a new apartment and was in need of a great bed frame. As an Amazon Prime member, I decided to check out their selection of bed frames with free shipping. I was looking for a few different things in my purchase.
- A Great Price: After all my moving costs, the last thing I wanted to do was break the bank on something as simple as a bed frame. I was able to purchase this durable, queen sized bed frame for only $79.00. My local mattress store was selling the same frame for over 25% more than Amazon. Steal!
- Ease of Assembly: When I unpackaged this bed frame, I was very pleased to find out how easy it was to assemble. I think it took me about ten minutes or less. Check!
- Bed Stability: As you'll see in my review. I found this frame to be very stable and feel incredibly solid for its light-weight build. Boom!
So, let's take a look at the Zinus SmartBase Bed Frame from when I ordered it to when it reached my front door and my first night's sleep...
The Bed Frame Fully Assembled
Bed Frame Sizes, Specs, and Perks
The Zinus SmartBase Mattress Frame comes in six different sizes ranging in price:
- The Twin: $59
- The Twin XL: about $90
- The Full: $69
- The Queen: $ 79
- The King: $89
- The California King: $89
After all my research, I was really pleased to find such a stable, lightweight bed frame at such a reasonable price. I even bought two! One for me and one for my spare room.
Easy Bed Frame Assembly
My bed frame showed up in a mid to large cardboard box, almost as wide as my door, and reaching to my door knob. I plopped it in my family room and started to unpack. I was really happy with how easy this was to put together. All you have to do is...
- Unfold the base.
- Swing out the legs and lock them in with the cross bar and wing nuts
- Then attach the two bases together.
No tools are necessary, except a knife to cut the zip ties when you're unpacking. Check out my picture below to see how it looks, just out of the box.
Once my new bed frame was put together and in place, I put my mattress down and flung the weight of my body onto it. I was pleased to find out how sturdy the mattress platform was, as my 195 lb. frame landed on it. The Zinus SmartBase can easily hold two heavier individuals with no issue. It stays in a place, even with a lot of motion applied to the bed frame. So for those that shift in their sleep or enjoy their time with a partner, this bed will give you every bit of stability you need.
Another great thing about this platform bed frame is that you don't need a box spring. I've never owned one so this was the perfect fit for me. Though, If you happen to have a box spring, I imagine, it would work out just as well.
Perks of the Zinus SmartBase Bed Frame
Everyone can use a little more storage in their house or apartment. One of the great things about this frame is that it sits 14 inches above your floor, allowing you 13 inches of storage space below it. I decided to place milk crates below it for storage and to add some style to the relatively simple frame.
It's also low profile, so adding your own headboard to the bed is a simple addition that anyone could make. Whatever style you're looking for in your bedroom, the SmartBase can easily accompany it.
The Bed Frame Poll
My Experience From Purchase to Sleep
My overall experience with this bed frame has been exceptional. Why?
- It was an easy purchasing experience.
- The quality was beyond what I had expected.
- Anyone could assemble the bed frame with no tools or experience.
- The stability of the bed frame was more than efficient for two, mid to heavy, individuals.
Overall I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for an easy and sleek bed frame. Unless you're looking for something with high style right out of the box, then I think you'll enjoy this purchase as much as I did!
Please, comment below and give me your opinion on the Zinus SmartBase bed frame, or leave a question. I'll be happy to answer any concern!
Thanks for reading and good luck on your search for a great bed frame!