DIY Decorating Ideas for Lime Green, Apple Green, and Yellow Rooms
Decorating and painting projects can sometimes be overwhelming. It takes planning, money, and patience. Sometimes the scariest part is not knowing what the end result will look like. So, you step out in faith. If you're doing it yourself, you hope and pray that it all turns out well.
My recent decorating project was to upgrade my home décor. Which included painting all the rooms with new colors, changing the furniture and home décor accents, the whole package.
I am not one to go for bright color paint or decorations. I usually stay with the sage, burnt orange, cranberry, and brown palettes, all earthy looks. But this time, I succumbed to my daughter's plea to change these colors. My daughter calls them depressing.
Taking a leap of faith, we decided to go with the apple green, yellow, coral, and gold palettes. The result was jaw-dropping. I'm glad I listened to my daughter. When I walk through my home, there's a freshness in the air. It is dazzling, and the room looks bigger. The colors are mentally stimulating, refreshing, and make you want to come home at the end of the day.
My DIY Apple Green & Vintage Yellow Living Room
What colors are you looking to decorating with? My favorite is 'Lime Green & Turquoise', but I didn't know that until I was done with this project. So, you know what that means...
How to Decorate With Bright Colors
Here are a few tips on decorating options that pair well with these bright colors:
- Use Dark Colored Art or Picture Frames - When you have a pastel wall, such as yellow, light green, coral, it's best to use dark wall décor accents for a better contrast.
- Best With Dark Colored Flooring - The beauty of bright (pastel) color palettes shines through when paired with a dark colored flooring. Dark colored rugs or carpet help to define these colors best. Although some may find it more appealing to use like colors for a brighter feel.
How to Use Colors In Room Decor
Due to the versatility of the lime green, apple green color, it was so easy to blend it with so many others like pink and blue. My sons room is a mixture of lime green and blue, and my daughters room is lime green and pink with a touch of purple and orange in the décor accents. And it all looked great together.
When you have a mix of two colors in a room, it makes it easier to incorporate different decor ideas. Here are a few ways to do so:
- Curtains - Use curtains that have more of the less dominant color in the room. This helps to define the less dominant color and bring a balance to the room.
- Furniture - If it is possible, use furniture, chair, love seat, sofa that closely matches the less dominant color in the room.
- Lamps - There are chic and colorful table and side lamps out there in almost every color you can imagine. Use these to define your room.
- Décor Accents - Decorative vases, wall paintings, candles, and centerpieces that combine both colors in the room, or contrast them are also good options.
- Carpets - You can also use carpets or area rugs to enhance the beauty of the two colors in your room.
See The Color BlendsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Colors That Blends Well With Lime Green
When thinking of colors that can be paired with lime green, a few colors come to mind. Some of these colors I've used myself. Some in my living room, and my kid's room. So I know they work when used in the right shades.
- Turquoise Blue - This is a great combination, not only is it great for a kids/boys room, but it's also a good combination for a living room, contemporary kitchen, and bathroom. It's like the ocean mixed with and green coral. It can be breathtaking, and that's exactly what you want your home to be, breathtaking!
- Coral - This two color combo is a refreshing way to totally transform your living space. Think, guava right in the middle of the rain forest kind of feeling. That's what I get just thinking about these colors.
- Pink - And I mean pink in all shades. You really can't go wrong with this combination. Great for your girl's room or bathroom. Not a good combo for the kitchen, although it is doable.
- Purple - Purple is the color associated with royalty, and green, lime green, of course, is the color of nature greens. Together, this two color combination hits a high note. The best way to describe this combination? It's like finding yourself in a lavender field the green leaves, stems, and the lavender/purple flowers that bloom all around you. Ah, heaven! Need I say more?
- Vintage Yellow - This is the current theme of my living room (images above), and boy, it does feel good to come home at the end of the day to a room that's refreshingly bright and lively. That's what you get with these two colors together. The lime green makes it easy to add other bright color tones to the yellow side of the room without the feeling of too many colors. Red, turquoise, coral are good choices to accessorize with this two color combo.
More Green Living Room Ideas & Pictures to Inspire YouClick thumbnail to view full-size
Visualizing Your Colors
Pictures speak volumes as you can see from the images above. The possibilities are endless when decorating with lime green, apple green, and yellow. These colors blend well with a variety of other colors to help jazz up your home.
To find more inspiration on how to use these colors or mix them up with other colors, you can visit your local paint shop, or browse home decorating magazines for more ideas on wall paint colors and choices. You can also visit online paint shops, some of which provides you with the service of a paint color visualizer.
Paint Color Visualizers are programs that allow you to visualize what your rooms would look like with your choice of wall paint, based on your selected virtual room scene. There are so many room scenes and paint color palettes to choose from. It's about the closest you'll get to actually painting your room. The difference is, you get to switch between colors, and you can change it as many times as you want until you're satisfied with the result.
Remember, when you want a vibrant, here comes spring kind of color; lime green, apple green, yellow(vintage), and coral is the way to go. These colors are so versatile; you can mix them up with home décor accents of all colors, whether it's red, purple, blue, you name it.
So this spring, get started and change those boring, depressing colors in your rooms. Opt for the airy, vibrant, refreshing look of spring.