Are You Being Eaten by Invisible Bugs?
If you are being plagued by invisible biting bugs, you have come to the right place. Although I do not know what was infesting our family, our home, and our lives, I'm sharing what we did to help get rid of them.
Freedom was NOT an overnight thing or something that came quickly or easily.
If none of the recommendations on this page help you, it is my wish for you to never to give up the fight. You must pray for courage and strength and go into attack mode on this 21st-century plague.
Maybe you thought the bugs were going to go away on their own. Maybe you question if it's really happening.
You have rashes. You feel bites. It feels like something is crawling around your face, head, and hairline. You can't find any answers on the Internet, only more questions.
You find many products claiming that they can get rid of these mites but after trying a few, some of which might be high dollar, you begin to lose hope. The companies may even put you on their mailing list, sending you emails that use terror to get you to order more products in greater and greater quantities.
I know what you're going through. Initially, my family also ordered a ton of online remedies but they were all a waste of time and money. Instead, healing only came once we made a plan and stuck to it.
Don't give up hope. Please know that you can and will feel better, but you cannot give up hope.
Unable to find answers on the Internet or from doctors, I went frantic trying to get someone to believe me and felt terror at the thought that I would never rid myself or my family of the mites. I fell into a deep depression because I felt so helpless, at the mercy of something I couldn't even see.
With persistence, however, I beat them. You can too.
The Bite-Mite Protocol
I will not go into detail of how this started or how doctors ignored us. Instead, I will tell you how I was able to rid my family of five (including myself) of these invisible biting mites. This is the protocol that we used.
Permethrin is an anti-parasitic that can treat head lice and scabies.
Though the creams seemed pretty much useless in ridding ourselves of the mites completely, they did help keep the mites off of us. Sometimes it seemed to make the mites mad, and they bit worse, but eventually they died. We were able to use the permethrin cream to get the mites off of my five- and six-year-old children.
Warning: Do not try to use the cream more often than prescribed. I did this once trying to get a good night's sleep and woke up very sick. I thought I was going to pass out but luckily I made it to the shower. I felt better after I washed it off, but I could still feel the toxic effects.
I realized that Windex original does kill the mites, but you need to spray a lot of it. You will need a respirator from a hardware store — the kind that is used to spray pesticides. Spraying everything in our house seemed to bring the number of mites way down.
- Use the Windex to spray out your cars, homes, and work area wherever you work. I work in an office building, and Windex did not look out of place there.
- When you spray your home, make sure to reach the ceilings, walls, floors, and every nook and cranny.
- I would spray my car as I exited, since it isn't really safe to drive with a mask on, and it can bother your eyes if you spray too heavily with the Windex and then immediately enter the car to drive.
What to Avoid
I did try spraying with plain ammonia, but the results were not half as good as Windex. Also, you need to be careful of mixing bleach with Windex because the Ammonia-D in it and the bleach will make toxic fumes. Do not spray these chemicals right after each other.
Though the Windex did not stain our off-white carpet, you should still use caution when spraying it on light-colored items of value.
As you probably already know, regular showers with soap, water, and shampoo have no effect on the bugs.
I found that spraying original Listerine on me in the shower from a spray bottle helped rinse the mites off. It seemed to bother them enough so they let go. The crawling feeling would also go away so I could sleep better and concentrate at work.
Listerine may also help wash off scents you are marked with, or at least disrupt pheromone communication between the mites.
- In the shower, I would back away from the water, spray myself with the Listerine, and wait as long as I could before I rinsed it off. The first times you do this, it seems to burn. You might try diluting it with water at first if need be.
- Spray the shower floor with Windex after showering because the Listerine doesn't seem to kill the mites and the shower floor was covered with ones that were washed off but not killed.
- Spray your feet several times (while in the shower) because a lot of mites seem to try to hold on to your feet and they will become infested.
- Also, after a few days of sitting, the spray bottle seems to weaken the strength of the Listerine, so make fresh batches regularly.
Ivermectin is an anti-parasitic that can treat infections caused by roundworms, threadworms, and other parasites. It must be prescribed by a doctor.
After we started to use Ivermectin on a weekly basis, we noticed a big difference.
Tell your doctor to prescribe it for you since it is now considered a first line of defense in dealing with sarcoptic mites. If you do start using it, make sure to not drink any alcohol since it can cause serious reactions.
I had read about people getting good results after they stopped eating sugar so I decided to give it a try.
After about two to three days I noticed a big improvement and so did my wife. If possible, start a candida diet. The mites seem to be attracted to people with infections or fungus problems.
- A basic candida diet means avoiding sugar, alcohol, grains and glutinous foods, fruit, starchy or sweet vegetables, processed meats, dairy (except butter), and beans and legumes (as well as a few other things).
- Easy sugars and carbohydrates to cut out of your diet include any sugar you're adding to drinks, or consuming in drink form (including smoothies, fruit juice, and sugary coffee drinks), all forms of bread and desserts, and almost all snacks (like dried fruit and nut mixes, chips, and candies.)
Improve Your Immune System
Some people who have had problems with these invisible biting mites also are immunosuppressed. My 15-year-old is on immunosuppressive drugs, and I feel that also led us to have more problems with getting rid of the bugs.
Increasing your overall health means getting as much sleep as possible, eating well, and engaging in regular exercise.
Some Tips on Sleep
This is a hard one because these mites really disrupt sleep patterns.
- Showering with Listerine (as mentioned above) right before bed seemed to help a lot.
- Sheets need to be washed daily (see below).
- Spray the plastic cover of your bed a few times a day with Windex and wipe it off afterwards. Be sure not to spray right before bed!
- I cleaned every possible surface with Windex.
- I tried sprinkling many different things in our carpets. Borax seemed to work the best.
- Don't forget to sprinkle it on the car carpets too.
- I mopped with 20 Mule Borax. It made our hardwood floors look terrible, but gave us good results with the mites. You can find it at the grocery store near the laundry detergent because it is listed as a laundry booster.
- It also helped to put borax in my shoes since they would quickly get infested.
These things breed in dirty clothes. The biting after doing laundry was unbearable until I figured out the washing routine. Here's what I recommend:
- Bag and seal dirty clothes in trash bags until you're ready to wash them.
- Wash clothes with bleach, detergent, and 20 Mule Borax in every load.
- Try not to drop the clothes out of the bag into the washing machine from a high distance. This could cause mites to be carried back to your face and head on the displaced air.
- Throw away used trash bags quickly. Do not reuse.
- Using the dryer and drying clothes for long periods of time didn't work to kill the bugs.
- Get dust mite mattress covers with a zipper and seal up your mattress.
- Spray it with Windex several times during the day and pull your bed away from the wall.
- Some people have to throw away their mattress and get an air mattress until the mites are gone since air mattresses are easier to clean.
MSM is a chemical found in plants, animals, and humans. It can also be made in a laboratory and people use it as a medicine for a variety of ailments.
We found that making an MSM cream was very effective. You can find all the ingredients you need at a vitamin store or pharmacy. Here's how we did it:
- Mix one-part powdered MSM to 12-parts hand cream of your choice with 1/2 teaspoon of tea tree oil. Microwave for 15 seconds and stir.
- Apply cream all over your body to dry out and repel the mites.
Any person or animal you can remove from your environment is one less host for these things.
Luckily for us, my mother was able to watch my two younger children, take them to school, and pick them up from school for three to four months while we worked on eliminating the bugs.
If you're able to do something similar, you should.
An ozone generator is a machine that creates ozone, which is a type of oxygen molecule.
Ozone generators have proven to be a great source of help to those who use them. I've never used one but people who do see results rather quickly.
Use caution because you need to do certain areas of your home one at a time and then air out the rooms. You should not breathe ozone at all, so exercise extreme caution if you try this method.
Some people use propane heaters to heat up their home and cars to above 130 degrees for a few hours and they've seen success with getting rid of the bugs.
You can hire someone to do this for you, but it will be expensive.
In fact, someone even posted that when they called a company to do this, they were told that the company is not responsible if anything gets melted and that the heat treatment would cost $10,000 dollars.
If you do this, research beforehand and think about the risks involved. I cannot be responsible for any damages.
Diatomaceous Earth (DE): Kill Bugs Without Chemicals
Diatomaceous earth is an off-white talc-like powder made up of the fossilized remains of marine phytoplankton. Up close, it looks like shards of glass. On any beetle-type insect, DE gets under the shell and punctures the body, causing the bug to die.
Many people have used this product in living spaces to help get rid of bugs in their environment. A duster will help spread the DE. Remember to use a dust mask when spreading it.
What Didn't Help Us
Enzyme cleaners and peppermint sprays did not work for us at all.
Many people do get relief using enzyme cleaners, but since it cost 95 dollars and did nothing for our mites, I feel I should mention that it was a waste of money. Some people could use the 95 dollars another way.
Online scabies and lice medicines did not help at all either.
Be Careful of Bold Claims by Companies
Some companies that claim a very high rate of success never called to see if their product worked for us. My question is how they can claim such a rate if they never call people back to see if it worked?
It's possible that they just go by the return rate and assume that everybody that did not return the products are healed. I did not write this to bash any companies. I'm only saying this to help people find a solution to their nightmare.
You Can Beat This
These mites can be beaten. My family and I are a living example. Try and relax. Don't think about the bugs too much. Stress is a big contributor to immune system problems. Take vitamins, exercise if possible, and pray.
Find discussion groups like the ones mentioned below and join in:
- Scabies Support Group: Even though these mites are not scabies, this group of people will understand what you are going through. I learned all my cleaning methods there.
- Birdmites.org: There's a good discussion group here.
You're Not Alone
Isolation is a big problem with these mites, and that can lead to depression. You need to talk about these issues with others. I found that the only people who really understand are those who are going through something similar.
Most non-affected people make a joke about it, change the subject, or offer simple, useless advice because they don't really understand what is going on. But that's okay. There are a lot of people who do understand. Post questions or helpful hints below. You need to communicate with others, even if we can't help.
Don't bottle it up.
Stay in it for the Long Haul
Also, remember this is a long fight. There were no silver bullets for us. Even if the doctors could have identified the problem, it would have been a long process.
Keep that in mind so you don't get discouraged. A lot of people feel that if they can just prove to the doctor they are really suffering and it's not just in their head that the doctors will be able to give them a magic pill.
That would be nice, but please don't get your hopes up. Remember that the healing will come, but it is a slow process.
I hope this helps others. It is how we were able to get back to a normal life after almost ten months of misery. I hope this will help other people and families. God bless you.
How long have you been dealing with these issues?
- Petition Congress
Use this link to sign this petition. Lets see how much a difference we can make together.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.