I accidentally drilled a hole in the water feeding pipe. This pipe is totally cemented into the wall. Is there a quicker solution besides chopping the wall open, bending the pipe a bit and putting in a joint, be it soldering or compressing? What is the best solution?


Hi, there's a couple of suggestions here:

You'll probably have to clear a space around the burst to insert a section of new pipe or a repair coupler.


Two-piece clamps with a rubber shell are also available for emergency repairs but are only a temporary measure until you fix the pipe properly.


Updated on February 14, 2018

Original Article:

A Complete Guide to Using Plumbing Fittings for Joining PVC, PEX, and Copper Pipe
By Eugene Brennan