I had water come thru my upper thermostat can you tell me what went wrong? What do I have to replace?


If you have water coming out of the thermostat you will need to replace the thermostat at a minimum. Once it is out (and possibly the element as well) you can make a determination if the entire water heater needs replacement.

Updated on January 12, 2018

Original Article:

Water Heater Repair: Troubleshoot and Replace Thermostats and Elements
By Dan Harmon