I have a square fixture with two U shaped bulbs. Does this type of fixture have a ballast?


Yes, it does. It may be a little more difficult to find, though, but should still be accessible without taking the entire fixture down and apart. Look around and try to find a plate or something that can be removed - quite possibly in one corner rather than the center of the fixture.

Updated on January 8, 2018

Original Article:

How to Replace a Fluorescent Ballast
By Dan Harmon